Amakuru Mashya

Home > Out of Rwanda > Nigerian Troops doing well in Attacking Boko Haram Stronghold: (...)

Nigerian Troops doing well in Attacking Boko Haram Stronghold: Spokesperson

By Muriisa Robert On:10 May 2016
162

Nigerian troops operating in restive northeast Borno are making tremendous progress as the ongoing special operation in the Sambisa forest, the Boko Haram stronghold, enters day 12, a military spokesperson said Monday.

document 6099{The Nigerian military shows weapons captured during operations against Boko Haram terrorists in Nigeria's north-eastern state of Borno, Nigeria.} The Nigerian Army's 21 Brigade, 7 Division had killed more of the suspected terrorists while advancing in the Sambisa forest, acting Director of Army Public Relations, Col. Sani Usman said in a statement. Four more villages in the terrorists' enclave including Bala Karege, Goske, Harda and the famous Markas 3, had been cleared, he added. According to him, the troops cleared the villages on Sunday May 8, 2016 with no encounter with the terrorists as they had abandoned their enclaves before the arrival of the troops. Usman said the advancing troops recovered several arms, ammunition and items from the terrorists' enclaves. document 6100{Director of Army Public Relations, Col. Sani Usman.} The army spokesman said items recovered include suicide vests and quite a number of high caliber weapons. Usman said the Boko Haram terrorists from another part of the Sambisa forest took advantage of the heavy downpour that occurred to move closer to the troops' location on Sunday May 8, 2016. He said the troops were very vigilant as they successfully dealt with the terrorists, killing eight of them and recovered two vehicles. The Nigerian military has reportedly recorded huge successes in the 12 day-old special operation to rid the Sambisa forest. {{By Robert Muriisa.}}

Make A Comment
Izindi Nkuru Wasoma